- Costa Rican Citizens
- New identity card
- Renewal of identity card
- New Passport
- Passport for minors
- Travel permits for Costa Rican minors to exit Costa Rica
- Temporary Travel document
- Registration of children of Costa Rican citizens born abroad
- Marriage registration of a Costa Rican citizen married abroad
- Application for Certificate of Delinquency from Costa Rica
- Certification and translation of the Costa Rican Driver’s License
Renewal of identity card
You have to be present at the Consulate to apply for a renewal of your Identity Card, it has no cost and you have to make an appointment in advance. To renew your identity card you have to submit the day of your appointment the following documents:
- Expired identity card or birth certificate, with no more than one year of issuance.
- Two recent photographs, size 3.5 cm x 4.5cm with light blue background.
- Full name, identity card number, address in Costa Rica and telephone number of two Costa Rican witnesses.
Once we receive your application, it will be sent to the Civil Registry of Costa Rica. Processing time may take up to 3 months.