- Costa Rican Citizens
- New identity card
- Renewal of identity card
- New Passport
- Passport for minors
- Travel permits for Costa Rican minors to exit Costa Rica
- Temporary Travel document
- Registration of children of Costa Rican citizens born abroad
- Marriage registration of a Costa Rican citizen married abroad
- Application for Certificate of Delinquency from Costa Rica
- Certification and translation of the Costa Rican Driver’s License
Appointment required. To request an appointment please call 613-562-2855 ext 221 or send an e-mail to Consulado.email@example.com
On the day of the appointment the following requisites must be provided:
- Original and valid Costa Rican Identity Card and photocopy of both sides.
- Expired passport and photocopy of the page with personal information.
- If the application for new passport is due to theft, loss or destruction, you must submit the police complaint or the “Declaration of theft, loss or retention” form.
- Consular Registration form.
- Receipt of deposit for US$105 at Bank of Montreal, account N°0005-4608-520, “Embassy of Costa Rica, Consular Services”. Cash payments are not accepted at the Consulate.
The passport will be ready in approximately four weeks from the day of request, and can be claimed personally by the applicant at the Consulate of sent via registered mail or courier paid by the applicant.
The digital passport has a validity of six years and cannot be revalidated.