PermitsHome > Consulate > Temporary and Permanent Residences

Permits (volunteers, student, work)
Special categories are permits established by Costa Rica's legislation to work or study in Costa Rica. Depending of the activity that the foreigner is going to perform, legislation establishes a series of groups under this special category.

Special category for students, researchers, professors and volunteers 

For more information on other Special Categories, please visit the following link to the website of the Immigration Office.



Contact us Costa Rican tourism toll free number Site map
Address: 350 Sparks  St. Suite 701 (Office Tower)
                  Ottawa, Ontario, K1R 7S8 

Phone Number: (613) 562-2855
Fax Number: (613) 562-2582
1-866-Costa Rica (267827422)
or 1-800-343-6332.
Powered by AppleWoodConsutling Website content Copyright © 2011 Embassy of Costa Rica in Canada